Tag Archives: Haiku

Haikuesday

Starts as thinnest blade
of green reaching up for sun –
soon fern plume atop carrot.
@GardenHaiku

Leave a comment

Filed under Thought of the Day

Haikuesday

Right at my feet –
and when did you get here,
snail?
~ Issa

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Haikuesday

Toward those short trees
We saw a hawk descending
On a day in spring.

– Shiki

 

Leave a comment

Filed under Haikuesday, Thought of the Day

Haikuesday

The carnivore went
up to the roof, as he had
heard the steaks were high

~ James Rodgers

Leave a comment

Filed under Haikuesday, Thought of the Day

Overheard in the Library 48

From a Grade 6 student, regarding today’s Haikuesday: “You know what, Ms. Walker? Whenever I read a haiku, I spend about 1% of the time relaxing and enjoying it, and the other 99% of the time making sure it has the right number of syllables!”

Leave a comment

Filed under Haikuesday, Overheard in the Library

Haikuesday

Blowing from the west
Fallen leaves gather
In the east.

~  Buson

 

Leave a comment

Filed under Haikuesday, Thought of the Day

Haikuesday

Over the wintry
forest, winds howl in rage
with no leaves to blow.

– Soseki

 

Leave a comment

Filed under Haikuesday, Thought of the Day